Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Vicar(S) Take On Dictatorship

As previously mentioned in another blog post, I am on a 90 day tourist visa. This means every ninety days I am required to leave the country of Argentina and return so that I do not get in trouble with immigrations. For my second visa trip I decided rover go to Chile and visit my colleague serving in Santiago. While you should definitely expect a follow up video about my entire trip, I wanted to consolidate one particular Santiago experience and pay homage to it as best as I can. My colleague Sara and I went to the Museo de la Memoria y los Derechos Humanos (Museum of Memory and Human Rights). Here honored those who suffered under the Pinochet dictatorship of Chile and other inhumano governments abroad. 

Sara is featured in this video to give clarity of the role of the Lutheran church during this era which really brought together the museum experience for me. We both shared anxiety walking through the museum thinking of the future of our own nation. For anyone looking to travel in the lower end of South America, I highly recommend taking a trip to Chile and seeing this museum. Without a doubt it will bring chills to your spirit. 

#ReclaimMissionary

No comments:

Post a Comment