Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Eternal


I remember you
In your most authentic state
Rich dark hair that flowed like rivers
A smile that could cut through stone
Melanin that matched mine in the sun
Eyes that hid behind a camera
Then I never noticed the memories you captured
Photos are irrelevant to recollect your presence
You are freckle on my face
A crease in my palm
Embedded

I remember new years of old you
Warmth from kisses and hugs
Decades stroked your skin
Like water gliding through stones
Yellow Tail in your glass
Collard Greens and Black Eyed Peas on your plate
You are good fortune and wealth
You are home cooked meals and health
Like a calendar without dates
A clock that has stopped
Timeless

I remember you 
As the caretaker of all youth
Early morning trips to the Bronx Zoo
With packed meals we made at home
Kids that outnumbers the fingers on your hands
Hands that held the smallest of numbered kids
Each one of us fit into your arms
We were birthed for your embrace
I remember you
Not that I can ever forget
You are an imprint on my heart
A tattoo on my skin
Eternal

#ReclaimMissionary



No comments:

Post a Comment