Thursday, September 15, 2016

Haikus



(Meeting random people on the street)

-¿De donde eres?

-Estados Unidos, ¿vos?

-Why, uh, are you here?

 

(Week One of Introductions)

So many greetings.

Why is everyone kissing?

Did she cusp my butt?

(Argentine Micro- Agressions)

“Your expressions are

Like a Baptist. I love it.

You’re U.S. black, ¿yes?”

(First Communion Class)

Small children laughing

Shout “¡lo tengo, lo tengo!”

We share something now.

(Pastoral Care I)

What did she say now?

I want to understand you.

I’m sorry I can’t.

(Pastoral Care II)

Why is she crying?

They left to tell him good-bye.

I’m sorry he’s gone.

(Language Barriers)
 

Can we build a bridge
 
Over the gaps between us
 
Or shall we face walls?
 
(New found dietary habits)
 
Breakfast- Lunch- Dinner
 
Hearts collapse in on themselves
 
Dulce de Leche
 
(Questions that need answers)
 
Where is my Pastor?
 
Is time a social construct?
 
Can I get a text though?

    
 
Mood:

#ReclaimMissionary

No comments:

Post a Comment